07.22.2010 - 07.23.2010
Since the true intent of this blog is to write about my experiences, I have to put one down on paper that I really don’t want to escape into the deep abyss that is my memory. Do you remember a while back when I shared that I had signed up with a temp agency and they offered me the job of food sample person at the grocery store? And you may recall that I laughed my ass off almost to the point of not being able to breathe for a good few minutes? Well, after I thought about it more, I asked myself, “when else am I ever going to hand out samples at the grocery store?” Quick side note to God – please don’t make that be my future career. Thank you! Okay, end side note. And so I called the temp agency back. Unfortunately, they had already filled the position with someone else. Darn. But as luck would have it, a week later I got a call. Yep, that’s right, I got called in to hand out samples. I had the distinct pleasure of handing out Puhoi Valley yogurt for eight hours over two days.
• Getting free yogurt – yum!
• Getting a behind the scenes tour of the grocery store – surprisingly cool!
• Chatting up the blue haired folks – apparently no one over the age of 60 shops between the hours of 10 – 2.
Not so exciting:
• Having to repeat myself about three times over when speaking with said blue haired patrons.
• Being mocked by co-workers walking through the store.
Alright, on to find my next random job. Another day, another dollar.